Friday, January 18, 2008

Independent Musically Minded...I Am Meant For This.

I've been a little busy lately trying to figure out what it is entirely I am going to do in the next year, and I have come to the conclusion that I am meant to do something with music. Not even on the musically side of the spectrum, but more or less, on the management, marketing, or public relations side of the business. I am learning that from meeting different artists, DJ's, and producers in the music business from interning with the underground hip-hop group, Zion I that I have the potential to do fairly well in this business. I don't think that I would be able to work in any other industry other than music because this is what drives me to do certain things throughout my daily routines of my life. Only at the age of twenty-three, I am learning that I have a much more different mind state than my peers that share the same age group as I do (ages-19-25) whose highlight of the week for the most part is wallowing in local dive bars at the financial expenses of their parent's credit cards. You know, that age when you are pretty much out of college, and are trying to figure out what the hell it is that you exactly want to do in your life. That indifferent part of one's life when they choose whether to grow through (what I like to call) "grown child syndrome" or to take the big chance in actually doing what is inevitable, growing up. School seems to be the major element that I need to finish in the next few months. But, I have realized that through the many blessings that have been given to me by God that I am meant to be a force within this industry of music.

God, please just grant me the strength and vision to progress in the industry; I will need it.

No comments: