Thursday, January 5, 2012

Morning Mixtape - 1/5/2012




The song title says it all. My first time hearing this was in '08, and I was an instant fan. There ain't nothin' wrong with a big booty girl!


I was never a huge fan of screamo, but I had a friend in college that used to play this song all of the time. You wouldn't expect a screamo band to make a piano ballad. Since I am a huge fan of the piano, I was instantly drawn into the song. I don't like any of their other songs, but this one is incredible. Great track!


This song is the epitome of American patriotism. Lemonade. Hot dogs. Baseball. Extreme arrogance & bravado. Everything that encompasses the hard shell of being an American.


This is the song that made Bloc Party my favorite my favorite band in '06. Such a great song. At the time, I could definitely relate to the subject matter. Hard to believe that was six years ago when this first came out.


I actually didn't hear this song for the first time until i seen the movie, "Jarhead" starring Jake Gyllenhaal in '06. Some songs are timeless; this is one of them.


Some songs just are all over the place in their arrangement, but yet, we still like them. This song is one of them. The UK band, ¡Forward,Russia! had a couple of songs I liked. The music video for this song is really dope.

No comments: