Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hardcore rock

It's not very hard to sit here and write with Josh Scogin of The Chariot screaming in my ears with my headphones in. As hard as it is for most people to comprehend what hardcore rock bands lyrics are, for me, it isn't that hard to understand exactly what they are saying through their low death groans and high screeching yells. In the beginning when I first start listening to metal, I used to find myself looking up the lyrics via Internet to understand exactly what the hell the singer from these various bands were trying to convey through the screams. After reading the lyrics of a few songs, you start to realize that metal is more than "a handful of white boys screaming their lungs out" (like an average Black man would say). You start to realize that these lyrics are deeper than most of the radio-friendly rock bands' songs that you are saturated with on a daily basis.

The Chariot


The Number 12 Looks Like You


Norma Jean



As Cities Burn


Every Time I Die




Sevendust





No comments: