Monday, July 14, 2008

Foundation Is Built.

People! Let's look at all of the recent developments of shit that has occurred in the past year since I came back from college. Internship with Zion-I...first article published...moved into my own place...established uNCovered 3rd as a public relations firm...began getting published every other week...Spin Mag...HipHopRemix.com...HipHopDX.com...SF Weekly...etc. I have done a lot of shit in the past year professionally. But, finishing college was not one of those things that was on my mind as importantly as my other endeavors. Buckling down and finishing this long ass haul of crap they like to call "college" is something I have realized to be truly important to my mother more or less than it has been to me. She's busted her ass working at this 9 to 5 plantation job for the past 20 years to get me into college just to see me walk across that stage with a degree in my hand. I need to finish this crap more or less for her.

I have met a lot of people through networking throughout the music business I have engaged myself into. I have had many doors open for me in the past year, and some I have been reluctant to open based on experience. I am gaining more and more experience through uNCovered 3rd as a business through working and doing projects for HipHopRemix.com, Connoisseur533.com, and a numerous amount of artists that I have interviewed over the past few months. I have been published over 50 times since January, and I only plan to gain more publishing of my articles, manifestos, and interviews over the next few months as well. We are gearing to make a big difference in the way public relations is done in the music business over the next year. I have recently picked up another client to add to the clientèle list that is slated to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in a few months. Things are looking up.

Just remember...we're buildin.

No comments: