Sunday, June 6, 2010

Advice On Moving To Los Angeles....

Last night, I began to write and rather than publish it as a blog post, or even a poem, I decided to extend the writing a few more pages. Then, I realized that I should turn my writing into a book. Here is a excerpt explaining the many changes that I have experienced while living in Los Angeles. In this paragraph, I am giving advice to anyone that plans on moving here to LA in the next coming months...
If I had to give anyone advice when moving to Los Angeles in the next coming hours, days, weeks, or months, please do make sure that you are ready to experience something that you have never experienced in your life. If you are from a small-town, get ready for experiencing a multitude of people that have been raised with Hollywood lights not far from where they grew up. Get ready to meet some people that believe breathing smog-laced air is normal. LA is a bubble; most people here treat it like it is the new Rome (the center of the world). When you move here, please do keep an open mind because this place has a way of skewing your thoughts. Stay a leader. Do not come here following the American Apparel-clothed sheep. Keep your small-town charm. But, above all this, come here with a plan written down. Do not come here floating around hoping to make something happen. Be ready for one hell of a ride. The people you do meet that look out for your best interest, keep them close. Do not get caught up in all this Hollywood bullshit. Do not let this city change you. Keep your humility.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: