Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morning Soundtrack VII





The first time I heard this song was in 2007 when I first left college. The year after college and joining the "real world" is a hard transition for anyone. At the time, Radiohead was my genesis.




This song right here sums up how I felt for so many years; give it a listen. It's funny listening to songs from a darker period in my life, and how yet in still, I can relate to these songs in a period of my life where I have come to figure out myself. The introspective early twenties of my life shaped the savage I am today.




This song came out my freshman year of high school. I bought this soundtrack in 98; such a great song. This also was a great movie. "At my man funeral, it's like nobody cares/But when police get shot, the Mayor...everybody there..." That lyric by Nas definitely fits for today.

No comments: