Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Morning Soundtrack VII


My first time hearing this song was on Saturday at a BBQ. Something about a 90 degree day in October in LA ad hearing a song like this that makes a great day.




Hearing this song first thing in the morning is inspiring. M83 put out one of the best albums of the year in my opinion with "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming." The whole project puts me on a different planet when I hear it; you could completely encompassed in the music. This is definitely one of my favorite albums to come out this year. Do yourself a favor and give it a chance.




In an age when the word, "faggot" has more weight than a white girl rapper saying "nigga" consistently, this song shows how far off our perspective and pride in Black American culture is. In the time of the desensitized sheep, this song will open up your third eye. One week, a young black man is publicly lynched by police and nobody cares, but you will champion a white girl rapper saying "nigga" every other word is jarring to me. I'm surrounded by clones.

No comments: