Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Clean Up On Aisle 2.

Most women that I have encountered in my life "say" that they love the fact that I am blunt and have no problem with stating what is exactly on my mind. But, the more and more I have encountered variously different women in social status, race, religion, etc, I have noticed that fondness of my slight belligerence was all a bunch of shit. I have always had this saying that the world is built upon opposites; people will tell you exactly what they want you to hear and truly hate the kind of person you really are.

A friend of mine ("I'm so opinionated; I'm so blunt," she says about herself) indeed was no exception to the built upon opposites rule I proclaim. Stating that the main reason she enjoys my company is because I'm blunt, but then I realized that I was hated as well for my blunt demeanor. It's just interesting how women say they want a guy to be blunt, and really hate the fact of bluntness in their direction. Don't say you like my bluntness to turn around and lash out at me for stating the obvious. If you want a guy to kiss your ass, feed you bullshit, eat Bon Bon's and watch Lifetime with you; stick with the guys around you that share the same menstrual cycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're confusing bluntness with honesty.

Bluntness is certainly not honesty. A woman may like the fact you're direct and are content to give your uninhibited opinion. However with bluntness, can still be a malicious. Put it this way, you're having a bad day, feeling a bit testy, so you give you two cents "bluntly". What you said might have been direct but it could still be considered spiteful and mean (as you had intended it to be).

Ignoring the above, if your bluntness = honesty, then than whatever happened to tact? If your getting to to the truthful involves insults or demeaning then of course she wouldn't like it. If it comes from a place + isn't really with her best intentions in mind, she'll see through it.

Nuff said.