Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Theory of Self-Preservation

I haven't written anything since last Wednesday. We all know what happened the last time I wrote a blog...utter chaos in a matter of a few stanzas. I'm not going to apologize for writing the poem when I felt it was needed at the time. Some people you think will never do you any harm to you because you have known them for quite sometime are usually the ones that do you the most damage. It's now that I am realizing that people that you barely talk to (maybe an occasional once a month call or e-mail) are the people that you should be talking to more frequently.

I have learned this over the past week. I have looked at a few examples; one being a friend of mine that started an relationship with a guy she barely knew. She met this guy over the Internet. He flew over 2,000 miles to see her and now they are a couple. It's truly weird in most people's sight to see something like this be created amongst two individuals. But, now that I have realized this theory of those being the closest to you cause the most damage and those not so close should be the closest, I have come to the realization that knowing someone a lifetime means absolutely nothing. You can know someone for years, and they still will cause hurt, harm, or danger to you. It's sad, but it's a part of the human make-up. We all do things to benefit ourselves in the long run. Self-preservation as such. But, why is it the ones that you "know" very well (so, that you think) are usually the shadiest and most deceitful people that are around you? It's a bit sadistic for someone to find out everything about you damn near to just leave you at a drop of a dime. Quite interesting this is, but maybe this was my bad karma in return for what I did to my ex-girlfriend. Maybe it was.

Maybe we can be associates in another light; maybe we can.

No comments: