Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sinus InFect-Shun!

Having a sore throat from last Sunday to a fever that night to going to the doctor's office on Wednesday night and thinking I had strep throat to now...sitting here typing away at this keyboard with week-old phlegm still enlarging my tonsils and wrapping around them causing razor blade swallows. I hate being sick. Luckily, it is only a sinus infection, but even this is extremely discomforting to have phlegm stuck at the roof of my mouth. Not being able to go out and do what it is that I like to do on the random nights throughout the week and week's end.

I guess I can take it as a sign that I need to slow down; I need to pull myself away from the random "Hey, it's Wednesday night, let's go drink!" nights that I have become so accustom to. There's nothing wrong with going out, but when you are going out as much as I am within an average week, it is understandable how my body has picked up this sinus infection so easily. I go out on average about 4-5 times on any given week during the summer seeing as I work and intern, and there's no early morning wake-ups to get to the plantation like most people do. Therefore, I can go out practically any night that I want to.

But, it's time that I grow up, and slow down. Maybe fetch a DVD or two from Amoeba Records, pop some popcorn, and grab that gorgeous young woman (whomever she may be) a little closer to enjoy the film with. Yes...that does sound like a plan rather than being out amongst the drunks and whores in alcohol, urine, and vomit-laden bars, pubs, and clubs on any given night. Yes...it sounds like a great plan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cuddling up someone who's light skinned, short, and sometimes mean sounds good.... :)