Thursday, July 5, 2007

...I'm 22, I'll finish college in Yemen if I want to.

There's nothing worse than being doubted by family that you won't be able to finish something like college by transferring closer to home to finish. I have been in college since the Fall of 2003 and I have already had to take a semester off which was the hardest thing for me to ever do academically. For them to sit there and criticize me for wanting to finish my last year to two years of college here at home at Menlo College and tell me stupid shit like to finish somewhere like L.A. is ridiculous! I am 22 years old and if I want to finish my last few semesters of college in Alaska I will do so! My mother is the only one paying my tuition and it's just ironic how my dad's side of the family (who is paying nothing for me academically) feels like they can tell me where and when I can finish school. It would be one thing if my father and grandmother were actually paying for some sort of fee or even my books, but for them to sit there and critique me and try to wish for my downfall by coming home to finish college is absurd. But, like any other family member, they will be at my graduation proclaiming that they knew I could finish regardless of the college's address.

Like I told my grandmother last night, I will finish college here and I could careless if they want me to finish at a piece of shit college in Maryland to which they know nothing about. I am 22 years old; I am not 13! Maybe one day they will realize that before it's too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).