Sunday, June 1, 2008

Clock's Strikes; Stress Looms


Have you ever owed a ridiculous amount of money to so many different entities in such a ridiculously short amount of time that you had no idea how you would recover from it? Well, it's the 11th hour of me owing my entities (debt collectors and a friend), I have asked the one person that I know that could financially help me cover all of my expenses to help. It has been nothing but a time-consuming overhaul of stress to me. I literally owe these entities their money no later than tomorrow; if the person I asked cannot help me out, then I am literally up shit creek. There's pretty much nothing I can do at this point, but hope and pray that this person can cut me the check today or early tomorrow so that I can pay the funds to these entities. This person has helped me with college expenses before, and they have all been paid completely. It's just a matter of getting a hold of this man and expressing the 11th hour stress and sovereignty of this situation.

I hate the fact that I got myself into this huge pickle in the first place; for most of you reading this now, you will never understand how easy it is to get yourself in debt. My debt is a much smaller amount than most people I know that are around my age, but then again, my debt is still much higher of an amount than it should be. I have friends that are older than me (23 years old) that do not even have a credit card or barely use them. I wish that this was something that I would have been taught. It would be a cool thing to graduate from college loan-free; it's kind of impossible these days unless you're extremely rich or have a huge scholarship.

Now, I see why the first day of freshman orientation at your campus, you are not only flooded with pamphlets of school events and such, but also with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, etc offers as well. The poor are meant to be kept poor through living beyond their means (aka credit cards). Why would a blue-collar 19 year old college kid be giving a credit card with a $2,000 credit limit? It's a simple process; show the sheep more greener pastures than they can eat and they will eat themselves to death. I just want to get all of my things paid off and not have to worry about having to pay any credit card debt whatsoever. In America, if someone tells you there are no longer slaves; they are wrong. Slaves of physicality, no...not so much, but there are slaves of financial debt.


Trust me, I know your pain.


1 comment:

Rehmi said...

Now thats the truth.