Sunday, April 22, 2007

I have been falling asleep as the 6AM Sun creeps through my apartment's generic blinds; I have been waking up to the midday Sun's blatant stare through my window. Already, I am an anchorite; I have fallen deeper in this state of mind where all is just so banausic and mundane. Nothing in my life seems to be going right; everything has fallen by the wayside. If this cliche wasn't at all worn-out and even more revolting to hear, nothing seems to have that luster or sheen of color. The fulgid glisten of the Earth's tone's (orange, blue, green, etc.) have been traded for my ephemeral colorblindness.
Suffocate me all you need, I won't breathe but it's o.k.
You'll be somewhere around me, and I won't need air.
-Armor For Sleep


If only things would change soon enough. If only the grays that have taken over my sight would be overcome with the ordinary beautiful hues of the world. What could cause such a dark and mundane moment in a twenty-two year old's life? The age when most are graduating from college and trying to find a balance in paying bills and their rent, but yet still longing for the semesters of years past when everyday was met with oblivion and carefree. Where did those days go?

No comments: