Thursday, April 5, 2007

She's a sexy little goddess, fashionably modest...
-Atmosphere
There are many reasons why it is hard for me to trust anyone. Even with the people in my family, I give them "half-assed" trust (if you know what I mean). It's always been a struggle for me to trust anyone (especially family) after realizing at the age of seventeen that the unthinkable can definitely become a reality with some of your closest people in your life. I have learned that I can trust only two people in my life: God and myself.

The only trust you have at the end of the day is within yourself and your God. You can not trust that any other human being will be there for you at your weakest state of mind or body. It's an act of self-preservation. It's hard not to take it personally; it's in our genetics to preserve one's self before others. There are particular individuals that will put another above their self in certain aspects or events through the train wreck of life, but in times of integral importance, they will put their self before anyone else.

In the beds we lay at night waiting to fall asleep alone; we all wish that we had another human being that we could put our imperforate trust in. But, it's not possible.



1 comment:

my left wisdom is smarting said...

god is in everyone, so can you not therefore, trust more people that way?

just a thought.