Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Introspection

We all can learn a thing or two from the human interactions we have. From the most insignificant person you pass by on the subway car to the person you love the most; all can teach us more about ourselves. Introspection will be the topic of this writing.

Bluntess

I have learned more about myself through my interactions with other people. I have learned (especially through female interaction) that I am a lot more blunt than the average person. I have been told that I have no problem with holding my tongue (I see no problem with this). This is something I believe that everyone should do. To be blunt (by society's standards) is to be an "asshole," but to me to be blunt is to be truly honest. We were taught by the world that speaking our minds at all times is an assertive thing; a taboo. To be blunt is to be that guy that is an abrasive asshole, or to be an outrageous bitch (if you are an female). From meeting many different women in my life, I have told all of them to be extremely blunt with me from the day we start talking. I would rather have something be a papercut in a matter of days than be a severed limp within a matter of months (even years). If you don't understand my analogy, all I'm saying is I would rather have someone be blunt and hurt my feelings with something brand new than beat around the bush for a prolonged period of time and hurt my feeling then.

No More Fake Smiles & Laughs!!!
I have no problem with not speaking to someone if we aren't cool. If you don't like me, please don't speak! Don't pretend that you give a shit about me when you see me passing you by with a fake "HEYYYY!" That is so juvenile! But, I have grown to realize that even people my grandparents' age do it as a way of "common courtesy." But, what I ask you (as the reader) is, "What is the damn point of pretending?!?!? Why act like you give a shit about someone when you see them, then talk behind their back when they're gone?!?!?" But this is also another element within me (like my bluntness) that shapes my introspection.

Conclusion

I have learned from other people, that I am extremely blunt and I don't pretend to like people when I see them. Most would call me a"rude, arrogant asshole for speaking his mind all the time and not speaking to those that really don't give a shit about him." I honestly, don't give a damn what people think about me! If you don't like me, don't say "Hello" like you give a damn about me. And rather than saying you will be blunt with me from day one (and knowing you can't do that), just cut me off if it's too much for you. LOL. We are all not for the land of bluntness.

1 comment:

Miss Krys said...

Hey I blogged about being blunt a while back... feel ya on this one.

I like you, that's why I still speak.