Friday, December 1, 2006

This Isn't Good At All.

Walking through the greyness that is known as December, the unusual warmth and humidity I feel from the atmosphere here in this Northeastern state startles me. Normally this time of year, I would be walking around with a heavy wool peat coat and a hoodie, but why am I wearing a thin black zip-up hoodie that's made for the Spring comfortably? Every year I have been here on the East Coast at college, I have noticed how warm it seems to get every year. Maybe I will keep a log of the weekly temperatures every Friday and average out the monthly temperatures starting from November to the first Friday of March. Yeah...yeah...it sounds hella dorky, but people, we definitely have a HUGE problem on our hands! My second year of college (2004) I remember it being in credibly freezing by December. Well, at least that point of the year, I had a heavy coat on. I remember coming back to school for the Spring semester of 05 and it being about 33 degrees with snow and ice everywhere! I remember almost busting my ass trying to walk over ice. But, the irony of coming back for the Spring semester of 2006 (this year), I remember I was wearing a white T-shirt comfortably at the end of January!!! This is definitely not good.

Averaging temperatures of about 62 to 65 degrees for November of this year in Maryland is not a good thing at all!! We are definitely in for a rude awakening. Hell, there should be snow on the ground right now! And why the hell was it colder at home in the Bay Area than it was here last week?!?!? Bad things, man...bad things.

No comments: