Monday, December 11, 2006

Modern Day Slavery.

.. width="425" height="350">..>

I know this is going to go over most of your heads, but watch the entire video before you judge. Maybe, next time you will think before you start to snap dance, Chicken Noodle Soup, or go dumb.

A minstrel show is a form of entertainment used to degrade blacks. The white performers used coal to cover their faces completely black and even black performers (knowing that they wouldn't be able to find any other acting jobs) did so as well. It originated in the United States and in Europe as well during slavery and continues on even today.

.. width="425" height="350">..>


.. width="425" height="350">..>

Maybe next time the snap dance won't seem so cool, and then again most of you that just watched these videos are going to keep doing your slave dances anyway because everyone else is.

2 comments:

Rusty Lee said...

dude that is deep

its shitty that as a whole the black community is backsliding. were are our strong black leaders to show kids that grills and hoes ain't were its at?

Anonymous said...

Man you always get me with this stuff because its exactly what my mother has beat into my head all of these years and I thank God for that but it really does sadden me to see what kind of damage has been done to our ppl. And what makes me even more worrisome is wondering if there will ever be a day when everyone knows this sad truth. This is the main reason why i refuse to support these bs one hit wonders and i sit down and turn away whenever I see some ignorant person do the chicken noodle soup or any of thos other dances. I've been calling them slave dances since the first time I saw them. So I am glad you know enough to expose some ppl to it but i hope youre showing the ppl who dont know and not just ppl like myself who are aware of this monstrosity. Keep it up man...