Sunday, February 4, 2007

Back To You.

This weekend was a very blessed one, if I might say so myself. I had to get off of this Eastern Shore of Maryland, so I decided to go to Baltimore to see a few of my friends. The long three-hour Greyhound bus ride Friday night was definitely worth it. Being able to spend, enjoy, and live my life with friends; now that is the true essense of life. That moment of being with someone that you find intriguing and that also excites you; that is what life is made with. Those subliminal reasons for being around your friends because they bring out the best in you and you bring out the best in them; that is what I live for. That is why I am blessed. I thank God for seeing every waking moment when the Sun bursts through my blinds. That first breath of fresh air going through my nostrils and mouth and filling up my lungs; that's what I enjoy the most. We do things such as breathing automatically and take these things for granted. Walking being also one of these gifts that we take for granted as well. But, I pray that I never take these gifts for granted again.

Traveling that far to see friends a year earlier would've been the last thing on my mind. But, I am glad and blessed that my lifestyle is starting to evolve from the selfish young man that I was before into a more wise and spiritual young man. It's interesting and even ironic how even in the event of tragedy, I have found solace within myself to become a more thoughtful man. No longer the selfish kid (well...at times...baby steps...).

God, I'm so thankful!!

No comments: