Monday, September 17, 2007

Ghostland Observatory

I had never even heard of the Ghostland Observatory until the Treasure Island Music Festival in San Francisco on last Saturday, but from their infectious synth production and lively vocals I instantly became intrigued on whom this duo from Austin, Texas was. Aaron Behrons (the vocalist) and Thomas Turner (the producer) are the masterminds behind their debut LP, "Paparazzi Lightning." It's very rare that I listen to an electronic-infused LP and feel that it is only fitting that I get my ass up and dance! I'm not even halfway through the LP yet, and it is slowly becoming an album that I know for sure will be receiving heavy rotation from me. Something that you rarely find amongst singers is that they sound totally different live than they do on their albums, but with Behrons, this was not an issue. He sounded just as great in San Francisco as he did on the album. I didn't get a chance to see them because I was backstage for the most part of their performance, but I know that now next time I see the Ghostland posters being posted for their next performance here in the Bay Area that I will be front row taking in all the great music that this duo both produce together. From the city that highlights the South By Southwest Festival every year, Austin, Texas did a great job in producing this group, the Ghostland Observatory.

Ghostland Observatory's performance at SXSW








No comments: