Sunday, September 16, 2007

Treasure Island Music Fest

It's very simple, people. I work for a pretty popular underground hip hop group, and I got to hang out backstage at the Treasure Island Music Festival in San Francisco, California yesterday. All day I was sitting backstage at this festival running into many independent artists, bands, and groups. Just to name a few: Thievery Corporation, Ghostland Observatory, Honeycut, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist, Kid Beyond, Zion I, M.I.A., etc. From looking at the line-up yesterday, I knew maybe only 3 artists on the bill out of like 15. But, I think that it was a great thing because I got to discover many new artists and bands that put on one hella great show. In the middle of Zion I's set, the power went out on the stage for like 3 minutes, but they pulled it together to keep the crowd excited. I had a great time out there in windy ass San Francisco! Amazing how being on the water on Treasure Island, there's a huge degree of wind coming off the water. It was cold as hell out there earlier in the day, warmed up for maybe 2 hours around 2pm, then went back to being chilly again around 5pm. But other than that, sitting in the VIP stands and looking at the stage and crowd going nuts over the artists and bands was sick. Then, seeing the background of beach, ocean, and the cityscape of Frisco was truly a reminder of how beautiful and blessed we all are to live in the Bay Area. Well, not all of us. LOL.

No comments: