Saturday, September 8, 2007

Music

It's easy to misjudge someone based on the things or events in their life that they have been through. It's funny how something like musical taste can define the events and things a human being has been through. By this correlation, people generally tend to choose music that defines their feelings towards the past and current events that have/are going on in their lives. For example, I love hardcore rock for the basis of its abrasive yet true lyrical content. Most of the hardcore rock (or rock in general) is laden with lyrics of introspection, renunciation and even abdication. The general age of the bands that I listen to are within my age range of 18-30 years old therefore it is a bit analeptic to know that there are people that feel the same way I do. It is reassuring that there are people in this world that can have the strength to display all of their insecurities for the world to see through the medium of music and not feel a sense of self-mutilation while doing so. I tend to pick music that I can most relate to; as do you. Yes, the brunt of my musical taste is music that is absorbed with lyrics of disservice and slovenliness and with heavily maniacal guitar and percussion play, but it helps define bits of me.


Thursday


Circle Takes The Square



As Cities Burn





No comments: