Tuesday, May 8, 2007

DAMN! That was so funny, I forgot to laugh. No really..I forgot to laugh.



It's kind of interesting how we as minorities (blacks especially) are the scapegoats and entertainers for people of Anglo-Saxon descent. The brunt of all jokes, I guess. I know this video above is completely and utterly ignorant in all of its intent to marginalize and degrade all black people into one stupid and utterly feeble-minded attempt at comedic fruition. Yes, I do realize that to those of you that aren't of Black descent will consider this merely a simple joke, but it isn't. This is the kind of buffoonery and lackluster attempts of comedic skits and vignettes that grace the TV screens. This skit in particular came from a show on the FUSE network called "The Whitest Kids You Know." You can also find skits of the "Hitler Rap" and of "Timmy Poops His Pants" on their YouTube account. I didn't realize that my generation was so absorbed with championing mediocrity through the arenas and venues of mainstream TV channels, magazines and websites. But, yes...these guys on "The Whitest Kids You Know" are basically just following in the footsteps of MTV's "Jackass." What could you expect from pseudo aspiring actors that received prime time TV slots on two very prominent networks owned by the same conglomerate corporation? Exactly! Nothing much, right?

Why must my generation be known as the 'lazy, ignorant and completely insipid' generation? Why must we be consumed with exalting mediocrity through our arenas of entertainment? I don't see what's funny or even amusing about this kind of crap! But, go figure.



No comments: