Wednesday, May 2, 2007

...I write bombs with ink blots...(Freestyle Numero Vingt-Neuf) 28

Sometimes I sit at this desk and I have nothing to write about at the time of my writing's conception, but it is almost instantaneously that a topic seems to pop into my mind when I began to type. I am going to consider this blog a freestyle; there will be no formal structure to this writing. Sometimes, writing exercises such as this help to shape a writer's imagination and thinking process for their future writings. I was taught that writing freestyle everything that comes to your mind at the time was a great way to bring out everything that you wanted to say for the past couple of days that just didn't seem to come out in words or even text. When you write something that is extremely formal, you have to make sure that you are writing something that is ultimately perfect and flawless as can be. When a person writes something formally, they stop to think of what they should and shouldn't write. Writer restricts themselves when they write formal things such as articles, essay, etc.

Other than writing these blogs about two to three times a week on average, I also keep a notebook of poems and a journal that I write in quite frequently. Generally when I write my blogs, I try to think out a topic to write about that will make sense to most people, but when I write in my journal and book of poems, I could careless if I have misspellings or poor grammar. I guess this will be considered the first time that I published one of my blogs without any particular format or even a structure. Oh, well!

I will be back at home in California for good on the 18th of this month! Thank God! I haven't seen a palm tree or a beach since January! More importantly, I haven't seen any of my friends or family since January! But, with the grace of God, I pray that I will at least get to see all of them at least one more time.

Oh, yeah! I'm not coming back to this college; I'm transferring to Menlo College back home in the Bay Area in California!

No comments: