Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dear Media....

Dear Media,
You know what's truly interesting is to wake up to a headline from a so-called reputable publication entitled, "Thoughts of a Random of a Black Guy." I gave the editorial a chance and read nothing but dumbass rambles to find this quote,
"We can do anything, whether it be drawing, cooking or smoking crack. We can do it all."
Really? I thought you were supposed to be a reputable major publication that writes awe-inspiring and cutting edge stories; I guess not. With the slew of zip coons and ghetto white girls that you love to dick ride, I guess truly talented hip-hop acts just weren't "cool enough" to be written about in your publication. But, this is not the only publication that writes and has the balls to publish such moronic headlines and features. Look around you; you have publications giving you headlines such as "Kreayshawn Takes A Shit In NYC and Feels Great" or "Tyler The Creator Disses Bruno Mars." Why does this feeble-minded shit even matter when it comes down to the music? I guess writing just incredible music does not matter anymore. Swaggin' is all that matters. What the fuck does "swaggin'" even mean? You know it's sad that I couldn't even show my parents or even grandparents what really is going on in hip-hop right now. Perfect example, how some white girl thinks she can say "nigga" every other word because she's from the ghetto. I don't give a fuck how ghetto or hood or gangsta you think you are, there is no reason that anyone white should openly think it's cool to say the word, "nigga."

The irony of all of this is I'm 26 years old and most people older than me would consider people like Tyler The Creator, Kreayshawn, ASAP Rocky, and every other swag rapper and their moronic fiends of fans a part of my generation. These cats are only 6 years younger than me, but I feel like sometimes when I talk to cats of 20 years old that I am really 46 years old in the mind. There's a huge generation gap between being born in 1984 and being born after 1987. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of people I know born after 1987 (my interns for examples) that have some common sense and intellect, but for the most part, I find this "crack-baby generation" to be utterly insipid. They have no drive; they have no ambition. I remember in high school if you smoked weed or even popped a few ecstasy pills, it was normal. Taking ecstasy has been something I've never done and won't do, but with those I grew up with, doing ecstasy was the "cool shit" to do. Now, (nine years later after my high school graduation) these kids are on everything! Literally, everything. They do drugs that makes ecstasy and weed look like some kindergarten shit. You know it's bad when doing heroine, acid, codeine, park-insets, cocaine, etc. is normal now. Then, let's not forget that most of these kids would rather text or email you than confront you about something verbally or in-person. The internet generation is also the crack-baby generation (isn't that grand?!). So, being 17 years old listening to your favorite blog rapper holler, "Swag! Swag! Swag!" over a Lex Luger beat (which is merely a Hypnotized mind beat from 1997) while you do your codeine and cocaine is the norm now. Seriously!

Really do, open up your eyes. Look at how police brutality is no longer a every-once in a while occurrence, but now you can see YouTube videos of black and brown brothers being murdered (literally the 21st Century form of lynching) on a weekly basis. But, does anyone care? No. Beyonce being pregnant is more important than the 19 year old in San Francisco being publicly humiliated and murdered for not paying a train fare (Source: YouTube). Watching the season finale of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" (aka "Groupie Bitches Teaching Young Woman All They Need To Do Is Fuck & Suck Off A Rich Guy To Live Fabolous") is more important than the Palo Alto, California's former police chief blatantly telling the media she told her officers to racial profile Black citizens unlawfully (Source: ABC KGO-TV San Francisco).

The doctrine of the 5 Percenter is true that 85% are sheep, 10% know the truth and use subjective thinking to control the masses while 5% know the truth and use it to control their own subconscious mental state and try to teach those of the 85% to open up their eyes. Please...open up your eyes. What a grand societ to want to start procreating in, isn't it?

No comments: