Sunday, September 4, 2011

Euphoria: Sunday Morning

Sunday morning. 8:48AM PST. Peering out the thick purple curtains of my hotel room at the W overlooking the Bay Area landscape, a marsh land. It's a great feeling to be back home in the place I was raised in. To be amongst family and people who really do care for my well-being is a euphoric feeling. The other night I wrote about the state of nirvana I had felt being here, well that state of nirvana still lives within me now. Getting away from LA for a few days is always a great feeling; the contrast of Nor-Cal and So-Cal is more than night and day and more like New York to North Carolina. You know that you are on the same coast, but the climate definitely has a way of projecting itself on its inhabitants. The hot, stale desert of Los Angeles has a way of personifying the image-over conscious (I know that's not a word) inhabitants that live there. The mountainous, sea breeze and forest climate of the Bay Area causes its citizens to be more like its perfect weather; hot nor cold and go with the flow. It's great to be home.

No comments: