Monday, September 12, 2011

I Mix What I Like: A Mixtape Manifesto - Dr. Jared A. Ball




So I started reading a book recently entitled, "I Mix What I Like: A Mixtape Manifesto"by Dr. Jared A. Ball. Dr Ball is a professor at Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland. The reason why I had started reading the book was because of this HipHopDX book review I had seen on it. I'm only two chapters in and truly impressed; it feels great to finally read a book about hip-hop and its colonization by corporate entities. This view is rarely talked about and I have never seen it in a book before. I would suggest that you go pick up this book by Dr. Ball (even if you do not like hip-hop). As a young black man in America whom owns his own business and thinks for himself, I can say that just within two chapters, "I Mix What I Like: A Mixtape Manifesto" by Dr. Jared A. Ball is making a truly lasting impression on me. Do yourself a favor and purchase this book.

No comments: