Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Morning Soundtrack II




If you have Beats by Dre Studio headphones, then you too like me experience music at a totally different level. "Fantasy" by the xx sounds incredible this morning.



Now, "It Is Not Meant To Be" by Tame Impala plays; an Australian band. This song puts me in the mood of a perfect summer day at the beach just chillin. This song epitomizes a state of utter nirvana. With heavy 60s-rock influence, most of Tame Impala's music is atmospheric and most people would pigeonhole it as "chillwave." I'm definitely not one for labels on good music; I'll just call it that...good music.




It's ironic how I can hear a song and it defines a moment in my life. "Falling By The Wayside" by People in Planes defines exactly how I felt the entire time I was in college. The early twenties of my life were a time of coming of age and trying to find a balance. It was the most introspective period I've had of my life so far. I have went through many phases in my life (high school: white tee and jersey stage, college: Diadora & Express stage, post-college: struggling to deal with bills and having fun) but I've always seemed to champion through whatever I go through. "...it's okay to be safe."




Mr Brightside. Spring Break 2005. The ironic thing about the first time I heard this is I really felt like I was the protagonist in the song; I was Mr Brightside.

No comments: