Monday, October 24, 2011

Morning Soundtrack V


Waking up this morning to Mint Condition is a true blessing. I love this band so much; every time I hear this song it brings me back to being a kid. Even 20 years later, this song has a true effect on me.




Every black child raised from 82-95 knows this song. You can't tell me that your mother, father, aunt, uncle or grandparents didn't play this on repeat. "Breakin' My Heart" by Mint Condition is perfect.




1997. Going into the 8th grade rockin' an Iceberg tee. I definitely remember when this song came on. This is another song that reminds me of my childhood.



All I remember is my Mom playing Brownstone's "From The Bottom Up" cassette tape on repeat for months in her '88 Nissan Stanza when I was a kid. Brownstone was a definite memory in time when R&B singers actually could sing.

No comments: